My trip back went like this:
While driving back, I thought, “Well, why should I propose in Perth? Bec will have many more people to celebrate with if it is in Kalgoorlie”. So that is what I decided I would do. I sat on this thought for a little while (which was only a day lol), and then come Thursday, I decided to go pitch my idea to Rochelle (Bec’s Mum).
Standing out the back of Toyworld, I tell her about my plan to fly her back up to Kal, and to have dinner with her in the Chinese Gardens, and then propose to her in the Arts Center, and to do all this on Monday next week.
Rochelle gets very excited, and wants to give me a hug. I am tempted to say “Ahhhh! Alrighty Mum!” but I just give her a cheeky grin, and give her a big fat hug instead. The mum jokes get to wait for later…
- Train down to Perth
- Arrange for Bec to have lunch with a friend in the city
- Meet Bec in the City
- Fly her back to Kalgoorlie
- Have a candle lit dinner in the Chinese Gardens
- Take her up to the lookout for a romantic view of the city
- Blind fold her, and take her to the Arts Center
- Propose on stage, with over 300 Candles, and friends & family in the auditorium
- Head back to Jacob & Rochelle’s house for a surprise engagement party