Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Airport

In my hand I hold a handful of white spaghetti, which I intend to be able to listen to my music through, while the Federal Police stand watch over the thoroughfare, occasionally glancing over to the 14 people asleep between two baggage carousels, in their sleeping bags, blankets, and various assortments of attire to keep warm. One guy is wearing shades while he sleeps, another's towel (which will serve as tonight's make-shift blanket) allows his toes to protrude from the comfort of the warmth, one gentleman even nominated me as his alarm clock and so I went and woke him up a few minutes ago... He is still asleep despite my attempts to prove myself valuable as an alarm clock.


3:28 am. 2 Hours to go.

I am sitting in Perth Domestic airport, and there are quite a few people asleep, within 10 meters around me as I get my nerd on lol.

In all honesty, I'd rather be doing what they're doing, but I am wide awake, and there are no signs of getting shut eye any time soon. So I spent the last hour or two trolling through my Temporary Photos folder in Lightroom, and I do believe that I had deleted 500(ish) photos, to leave me with around 300 piccies, only to have to troll again, until I get the elite of the elite images. I mean, there are photos from over 2 months ago still sitting here. Terrible really...

Here is what I found. Back in June, whilst visiting my lovely lady, I was driving back to the city along Toodyay rd. As the sunset set fire to the sky, and ignited the clouds with color, I was captivated with what my eyes took in. The sunset had literally set the sky alight. It was so vivid and rich. I truly do love our Australian sunsets.














Venturing even further back than the last one, but this pre-dates to the very first of June. I had this idea for a little while of getting a photo of a flag blowing full pelt with a slow shutter, and see how it turned out. And, I was quite happy with the result of the image that resulted.







Then, on the complete extreme of dates, we have a picture from last night, by the river lol. I have just walked back from the city over the narrows bridge, rather than just jumping on the ferry or the bus. I had been walking for a while, and just been stopping where anything took my fancy, and taking photos of the life passing me by, and as I was getting closer to nan's place, I saw the Jetty, and thought I'd give it a crack. Turned out pretty good if I may say so myself :)















There you are all. My plane is now only half an hour away, and my belly is aching (not just for food though ;).

See you all when I have a new car :)

No comments:

Post a Comment